Call for Contributions IPIC 2018
We invite you to submit one of the following types of contributions to the International Physical Internet Conference (IPIC) 2018. We challenge you to submit a contribution in the form of a paper and/or poster presentation that includes a view on implementation, impact or directions for the Physical Internet concept in the next five years from now.
- a research paper/poster on, for example, conceptual research, assessment research, case study research, modelling and validation research.
- a white paper or case study description describing an application in practice
- a report/poster describing the results of novel applications and technologies or innovative ideas and positions
- resulting from a project jointly performed by an academic and industry partner
Short introduction on the Physical Internet
The introduction of the Physical Internet (PI, π) has opened a paradigm-breaking field encompassing the hyperconnectivity and interoperability of smart logistics networks, transportation systems, manufacturing systems and supply chains, enabling seamless open asset sharing and flow consolidation on a massive scale. It aims to transform the way physical objects are moved, deployed, realized, supplied, designed and used all around the world so as to improve by an order-of-magnitude the overall induced performance in terms of economical, environmental and societal efficiency and sustainability.
Aim of the conference
IPIC 2018 aims to provide an open forum for researchers, innovators and practitioners to introduce leading edge concepts and methodologies; to review the state-of-the-art technologies and latest projects, and to identify critical issues and challenges for future Physical Internet induced research, innovation and implementation. Specifically, the conference focuses on insights for implementation steps of the Physical Internet in the coming five years. Conference topics include inter-connected logistics, PI fundamentals, business models, governance and implementation, cross-chain control and collaboration, synchromodal transportation, IT systems, stakeholders and their roles.
- Abstracts of all contributions will be reviewed;
- Papers and posters will be made widely available on http://www.pi.events;
- Papers and posters must respect the guidelines and templates provided on the conference website;
- Authors of papers and presentations will be invited to present them in related conference workshops depending on availability of free time-slots;
- Research papers will be peer-reviewed by the scientific committee;
- The best research papers will be targeted for extension toward publication in special issues of scientific journals;
- The best innovation papers will be targeted for adaptation toward publication in special issues of professional journals;
- Posters presentations will be the highlight of an event in the evening on the first day of the conference;
- We refer to the call for papers for the doctoral workshop that will be held prior to the conference.
Full papers must respect the format guidelines which are available via the templates available within the conference website. Full papers should be between 6 and 16 pages long (including figures and references), and clearly indicate the list of authors and their affiliation. All contributions are to be in English. Submitted contributions will be evaluated with regards to their suitability for the conference, originality and technical soundness.
Submissions* must be made on-line via https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ipic2018
*All submitted papers will be evaluated with regards to their suitability for the conference, originality and technical soundness.
Click here for more information about the event IPIC 2018.Geef de eerste reactie