The Top Consortium for Knowledge and Innovation in Logistics (TKI Dinalog for the Top Sector Logistics) aims to systematically stimulate and realize private-public collaboration in research within the Top Sector Logistics.
The National Knowledge Agenda for Logistics, developed by TKI Dinalog in collaboration with various stakeholders from knowledge institutions, businesses, and governments, serves as a guideline for research programming within TKI Dinalog and collaborations with other sectors. It focuses on strategic and transdisciplinary collaborative projects between knowledge institutions, businesses, and governments to develop innovations for fundamental and sustainable system changes within the logistics sector and the broader society. The agenda presents five challenges with general knowledge questions for both short-term renewal of logistics chains and longer-term systemic changes with logistics as an enabler.
The five challenges are:
- Circular economy
- Energy transition and reduction of harmful emissions
- Resilience and disruptions
- Population growth and demographic developments
- Societal earning capacity and broad prosperity.
In this call for research, we call upon consortia of public and private entities to submit proposals for research projects focused on one or more challenges outlined in the National Knowledge Agenda for Logistics. The mentioned challenges can be partially classified as ‘wicked’ problems: complex issues without clear and simple solutions, often characterized by multiple, sometimes conflicting perspectives and interests. Addressing these challenges requires a broad and transdisciplinary approach, as well as a deep understanding of the local and international (logistic) context. A thorough analysis of the problem context is necessary for an effective solution. The emphasis is not only on developing new technological applications but rather on an integrated approach where technology development goes hand in hand with socio-economic issues related to implementation and policy. This calls for collaboration between knowledge institutions, businesses, and governments from various disciplines and across the entire relevant chain. This call is open to all relevant application areas and sectors, including less traditional logistic application areas such as healthcare and the public sector.
For topics specifically related to construction logistics, we recommend submitting proposals under the call for Top Sector Logistics – Mobile Machines of machinery and Construction Logistics.
The available budget for this PPS Innovation call is a maximum of 1.7 million euros.
Collaborative research projects are research projects conducted by a consortium of private companies and or public organizations and knowledge institutions. The minimum size of a consortium is two companies (or one company and a public organization) and one knowledge institution, with a preference for strong involvement of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). The budget available per project is as follows:
- Industrial (R&D) research: a maximum of 50% of the total eligible project costs with a maximum funding of € 500,000 (with a required minimum of total eligible project costs of € 1.000,000 for a maximum of 4 years).
- Experimental development, piloting and demonstration: a maximum of 25% of the total eligible project costs with a maximum funding of € 300,000 (with a required minimum total of eligible project costs of € 1.200,000 for a maximum of 4 years).
The program managers of TKI Dinalog are ready to support you in submitting your proposal. We can assist you in finding suitable partners for your idea and provide independent feedback on your proposal. Before submitting your final proposal you can also submit your draft project budget for a financial check. Feel free to contact us for more information. Additional information about this call and the submission process can be found in the attached documents.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com or call +31 (0)76 531 53 00.
|February 9, 2024
|Open Call for proposals
|May 1, 2024
|Deadline submission of draft project budget (for check)
|May 23, 2024; 24.00 hours
|Deadline for submission of proposals
|Review by the Program Commission – assessment and ranking proposals
|Discussion by the Board and allocation
|Notification of coordinator
Deadline for submission
This call for proposals is valid until the closing date of May 23, 2024, 24:00 hours. Projects can be submitted within this period at any time via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Relevant documents for this call include:
- TKI Dinalog – PPS Innovatieregeling 2024 – 1st call for proposals (content description, including specifically requested topics for this call).
- TKI Dinalog – Guide for Project Plan and Program Tender (guidance for submitting a project plan).
- TKI Dinalog – WORD templates (WORD templates for developing a project plan).
- TKI-Dinalog – Excel template for project budget & financing (Excel template for working on a project budget).